Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Day 24

On the way to work this morning, I was waiting at a stoplight (Not the same one as yesterday), and I saw a penny on the ground. After I grabbed it, I noticed ANOTHER penny that I had originally missed. When I opened up my door, the light turned green, but since I had already put the truck in park and opened my door, there was no turning back. I was able to grab the penny, and I thank the gentleman in the truck behind me for not honking.
I also found one dime at work, in the hallway.

Most people are not aware of my quest, because I don’t want them to start “planting” coins for me, it would go against the point of the race. Anyway, I was walking around scanning for change, when a co-worker came up and said, “Did you lose something?” I really wanted to say, “Yea, about $100 in change. I should have it all found in about 2 years.”

Today I am also adding a new column to the totals at the bottom of my post which will keep track of the number of days in a row that I have found change. I think that will a little work, I should be able to find at least 1 coin each day, so I want to keep track of my streaks. Chris is still riding his double digit change finding streak of 24 days! Unbelieveable!

Total for the Day - $0.12
Total for the Race - $5.00

Change Finding Streak - 10 Days

No comments: