Thursday, May 19, 2005

Day 96

I stopped off at Arby's this morning, and while I got an evil glare from the manager at the drive thru counter, I also got 4 pennies. I took a different route out of work today and I found a penny well hidden in the dirt (more to come on this later). I also found one penny near the self-service checkout lane at Kroger.

When I first picked up this dirty penny, I wasn't even sure if it WAS a penny. The corner was tore up, and it caked in so much dirt I wasn't 100% sure. Have a look for yourself.



I was pretty sure that it was a penny, so I took it home and did some cleaning. I attached a sander to our drill and while I was able to sand away the dirt, I also started to sand off the copper! I had to stop my sanding, because I was turning it into a smooth piece of silver metal! But I was able to ascertain that it was, in fact, a penny, and I cleaned it up enough so it can go into my jar with the rest of the found change. Here you can see the cleaned up coin next to my penny from Kroger.




Total for the Day - $0.06
Total for the Race - $24.16

2 comments:

Chris said...

The pennies are nice, but I think I know what readers really want. . . more pictures of meals at Sonic!

Chris

Bailey said...

Picture of Sonic are for Liza. Not all of us are lucky to have a Sonic in the area.