Monday, September 05, 2005

Day 205

This morning I woke up and watched Cannonball Run II on Starz as part of their all 80’s Labor Day weekend marathon. A few random thoughts I had while watching;

  • Cannonball Run II (And the first one, for that matter) seems like it was just a bunch of actors just screwing around and letting the cameras roll. Reminds me of walking out of the theater after seeing the new millennium’s version of the Cannonball Series, Ocean’s Twelve, and my friend Teddy saying, “Well…..at least it looks like they had fun making that movie”. Classic line.

  • Between movies, they showed the video for Video Killed the Radio Star by the Buggles. As most people know this was the first video ever played on MTV. And while that is pretty common knowledge triva, wouldn’t it be nice to have the Elias Sports Bureau find answers to questions like;

    *What was the first sporting event shown on ESPN?
    *What was the first movie shown on HBO?
    *What was the first Super Bowl commercial?

I didn’t make my first find until late in the evening. I went to lunch with Chris at Hooters, and spent the rest of the day at home, just cleaning up and not doing much.

Late in the evening I went out to drop off some stuff at the post office. I found 1 penny in Kroger, 1 nickel and 3 pennies at JR’s Car Wash and 4 pennies at Sonic. Before stopping at the post office, I went to Chick-Fil-A, where I found 1 quarter, 6 dimes, 1 nickel and 4 pennies. Giving me the cycle all in one stop. I have always seemed to have amazing luck at Chick-Fil-A. While most of the finds have been at the location south of me, this location (North of me) is starting to do very well.

I seem to make my serious finds at Chick-Fil-A and Starbucks. If I had more time, and less of a life, I would keep track of how much change I find at each fast food location.

Total for the Day - $1.07 – Change Cycle
Total for the Race - $50.03


This puts me past the half-way mark of my race to $100!

This is also the second day in a row that I have accomplished the Dollar Day AND the Change Cycle. Last time this happened was August 5 & August 6

1 comment:

Alecia said...

Thanks for the comment to my blog.
(I'm not even a smoker)

Interesting blog you got here.

Thanks again!
Alecia (with an e)