Thursday, October 06, 2005

Day 236

At Wendy's this morning I found 1 nickel. While at work I found a nickel right before lunch, then another nickel on the way out the door.

This marks the first day of October where I did not find a dime. This is also the first time since Sept 19, when I did not find a penny.

Total for the Day - $0.15
Total for the Race - $62.18



Survivor Update

  • While they were walking up for the reward challenge, I was telling Marti that it was going to be another food auction. And I started talking about how they needed to mix up some of these "tired" reward auctions. Then Probst totally threw me a knuckleball. To quote the great Rowdy Roddy Piper, "Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"
  • Gary contines to dig his grave, lying about the quarterback issue. It is only a matter of time until Survivor does something to "OUT" him. The "Football tossing challenge" is on the clock. Along those same lines, I love how he keeps on saying that he can't let people know he is Gary Hogeboom, as if his name is just like Dan Marino. I'm a big football fan, but I hadn't heard of him before this season.
  • I loved the whole "Coming back to camp from the Picnic to a WHOLE new tribe" angle.
  • Judd is getting a bit to big for his britches. When he was pounding his chest during his cut-away, I felt that he is starting a 2 episode run where he thinks he is charge of the game, only to get voted off, and not have any idea.
  • I love how WHENEVER there is a close vote, it ALWAYS comes down to the last one that Probst pulls out of the bucket. Why not just show the CBS PA just checking the votes and putting them in correct order before he hands them over to Jeff. Along with Jeff's Starbucks coffee, of course.
  • I think that Judd made the wrong decision. Should have stuck with his old tribe. Marti said that it only works if Lydia is the next one voted off, which isn't going to happen. I'm telling you now, keep your eye on Lydia. She is going to snake through to the jury, annoying me the whole time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OK, I finally got to watch the episode and I share many of your thoughts.
- I liked the reward challenge.
- I knew Gary Hogeboom, but I wasn't sure at first because I didn't hear his name. I think he's more worried b/c of the perception of him as an athletic type than a wealthy type. I mean, if he did admit his past readily, he could simply say that football is different from other sports (baseball, in particular) and he's not as wealthy relative to star players or simply players of today.
- Judd definitely has no perspective. If I'm him, I insist that Stephenie and the other guy show me loyalty first by voting for Lydia before picking off my tribemate.