Monday, October 10, 2005

Day 240

This morning I stopped off at Arby's and found 9 pennies and a evil glare from the lady in the drive-thru area.

After the long holiday weekend and some sales wrapping up on E-Bay, I had to make another run to the post office. On the way there, I found 1 nickel and 3 pennies at Jack in the Box. I will have to wait to see if I contracted Hepatitis B from being so close to their food.

At JR's Car Wash, I found 3 quarters laying on the ledge where you put in money to use the car wash. At Chick-Fil-A, I found 1 penny and while I was disappointed with the low take from the Chick, I noticed a cop sitting inside the dining area, looking up from his newspaper and eyeballing what I was doing. I showed him the penny and he gave me the thumbs up signal. So I will take this as a sign that the entire police force in the State of Texas is in support of the Change Race.

My final stop was a Starbucks, where I found 3 quarters, 2 dimes, 1 nickel and 1 penny, giving me the 1 stop change cycle. I was also lucky because moments after I picked up my final coin, employees came out with the trash for the night. We exchanged pleasantries, and I tried to walk away without jingling the change in my pocket!

Total for the Day - $1.94 - Change Cycle
Total for the Race - $64.91

No comments: