Saturday, October 15, 2005

Day 245

Before I left for the Astros game this morning, I stopped off at the Diamond Shamrock where I found a dime under the counter and a penny in the parking lot.

On the way down to the game, I stopped off at the North Freeway Car Wash where I found 2 pennies. I also noticed that the machines that dispensed the Armor-All stuff were all wide open. I went over and tried to close them up, and even though the locks were closed, I tried to place them in such a way that the wind would not blow the doors back open again. While I was doing this, a woman who was cleaning her car came up and asked me for a towel from the machine and handed me the cost of the item, 2 quarters. I wasn’t sure what to do, but I did not want to tell her to steal. So I grabbed a towel and said thanks. I wasn’t about to leave 2 quarters sitting on a ledge, so I will not count them as found change, but keep them. I was trying to be a good Samaritan, and ended up taking $0.50 for a towel that wasn’t mine. Crazy world we live in.

While walking around the stadium today (Scalping tickets with Chris) I found 3 pennies, 2 of which were RIGHT under Chris’s nose!

Total for the Day - $0.16
Total for the Race - $66.69

No comments: