Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Day 451

Sorry I've been so bad with posting latley. With the move to St. Louis is a little over a month, things are starting to get hectic. I wish I could say that I will do a better job, but I can't promise anything until I am settled in St. Louis and see how the new job is.

Total for the Day - $0.00
Total for the Race - $178.27



I got about 2/3 of the way through this book, and just couldn't finish it. I had to push the eject button! Way to much commentary on what awful things he did, and not enough stories about being an economic hit man! I saw that it was selling on eBay and that was it and I was done! I don't recommend!




My new book is Jarhead, by Anthony Swofford. Normally I don't read books before they are made into movies, but I read the book Seabiscut before I saw the movie, and was VERY happy that I did it in that order, so I wanted to do the same for Jarhead. I am about 2/3 of the way through this book, and I love it. Out of all the war books that I have read, it really does the best to capture the feelings of the average soilder. I am now looking forward to the movie, but also worried it can't live up to the book!

No comments: