Friday, May 19, 2006

Day 461

This morning I found 1 penny in the apartment parking lot. At night I decided to do my first change run in some time. At JR's Car Wash I found 10 pennies, 2 of which were totally stuck together. At the new Smoothie King Drive-Thru, I found 1 nickel (VERY SHINEY!) and 5 pennies. At Whataburger I found 1 dime and 2 pennies. Finally at Starbucks I found 2 quarters, 1 dime and 5 pennies, to give me the change cycle, my first since Day 442.

Today in the mail, I got an offer for some account protection policy from Bank of America. In the letter there was a REAL penny, for some scratch off gimmick they had for a new MP3 player, if you signed up for their protection plan. I believe that this subject has been brought up before between Chris and Brian, but I don't believe that this counts as found or lost change and I won't count it as such, but I will keep it!


Interestingly, the penny was a 1965 model that was in EXCELLENT shape.


Total for the Day - $0.98 - Change Cycle
Total for the Race - $179.71

No comments: