Saturday, July 08, 2006

Day 511

One of the nice features of our new apartment complex, is they have a work-out facility. I have been there every day for the past week, which should help me shed some pounds I have collected over the past 10 years.

On the way out of the work-out room, I wandered into the laundry facility and found 2 quarters in the change machine. Looks like I will be wandering in there more often!

Tonight Marti and I went out to a BBQ with one of my new collegues at work. It was alright, sadly the people we liked the most were from Cincinnati. Making new friends in a new place is always tough. We learned that 5 years ago when we moved to Houston.

On the way home, I got pulled over for speeding. It was the first time this has happened to me in about 4 years, since cops in Houston let the Highway system run much like a NASCAR Track. The cop said that he stopped me at 77 (In a 60) before I got myself into REAL trouble. I mentioned that I just moved from Texas. He asked if they had speed limits in Texas, then said that since he used to live in the Great State of Texas he was going to let me go with a warning, but he better not see me again! Good times! The last time I got pulled over, I also got a warning. I didn't have to do what Marti does, which is start to cry. I couldn't BUY a warning when I was under 21, I got like 7 speeding tickets. I guess growing up does have it's perks!

Total for the Day - $0.50
Total for the Race - $186.24

2 comments:

Chris said...

Well done on the warning. I will of course be waiting for congratulations on my first two ring sales, $31 each time!

password: dojfv

Unknown said...

I definitely concur on the traffic-ticket warning. I'm in the same boat as you: I got several tickets when I was a youth, but in the several times I've been pulled over in my full-blown adulthood, I've gotten mostly warnings (and one non-points-inducing seatbelt ticket). In fact, one of my earlier posts references such a warning...