Sunday, July 16, 2006

Day 519

On the way to my first baseball game in St. Louis, I found 1 penny at the BP station while I gassed up the old truck.

I had a great time today at the game, and really enjoyed the new Busch Stadium. It allows you to bring soft sided coolers, water, soda and food into the park, which is a big depature from Minute Maid, where you were barley allowed to bring a glove! Everyone was very friendly, the fans were very baseball savey, and into the game. They even handed out free cups of ice in a certain section.

While the ice was much appricated, this brings me to my only knock on the new stadium, and it really isn't a fault. But today was 98 and sunny, and after about an inning, I HAD to go sit in the concourse, just to get out of the sun. I was worn out, sunburned and moist. It was very easy to find a good seat 3 rows from the dougout and in the sun, but an empty seat in the 6-10 shaded sections was not to be found. I guess the roof in Houston has made me soft!

While walking around after the game, I found 4 quarters, 1 nickel and 1 penny under various seats. I hope this trend continues, and if it does, I will gladly admit that these are the greatest baseball fans in the world!

After a day spent sweating, I stopped at a gas station on the way home for some Gatoraide and found 3 pennies.

Total for the Day - $1.10
Total for the Race - $188.88

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Phillies' new stadium has the same flaw. Noah's first game (a Phillies victory, by the way) had to be cut short because of the brutal sun. He was still very young then, and we just walked around the concourse for six innings before heading home.

I always prefer a shaded seat...