Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Chocolate Tasting Party

While in Atlanta for business, I found 1 nickel and 1 penny.

When I got back to St. Louis for the weekend, I found 6 pennies in the Coinstar at Schnuck's, one of which was a Wheat Penny from 1941.

On Saturday night, Marti and I went to a friends house for a Chocolate Tasting party. Every year they have some sort of tasting party, last year it was Root Beer. It's hard to explain, but it was a good time, as we all rate our favorites, can bet on the winners, etc. This year the made up T-Shirts for everyone, and they had 29 people attend! During one of the breaks between tasting rounds, we could make a chocolate art project using stuff we were given. The top three places got points toward some gifts at the end of the night. Here is our creation, that finished 3rd.

The picture really does not do it justice. It was titled Choco-Dali, and it was supposed to look like a can of chocolate being poured onto a plate.

Sadly after trying 16 different types of chocolate, Hersey's was picked as the favorite by most people. Marti and I did not agree, as we picked the Lindt as our favorite. (Although I was surprised at how much I liked the Sam's Club).

On our way home from the Choco-Party, we had to get the taste of bad chocolate out of our mouths, so we stopped off at McDonald's, where I found 1 quarter, 3 dimes, 2 nickels and 2 pennies.

This week I am going to Tucson, AZ for work, so I hope to update with pictures and finds from the Southwest. I started off in the right direction as I found 1 dime and 1 nickel at the St. Louis Airport.

Total since last post - $0.94
Total for the Race - $232.04

1 comment:

Chris said...

Such a solid concept for a party. And a nice picture.