Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Field of Dreams

NPR Update - If you forgot to listen, then you haven't missed much. The story was bumped on Wednesday. I was told it was supposed to run on Friday, but it appears it was bumped again.
I have no more info, so we'll keep our ears open and more details to follow. Onto the finds.

Since my last post, I traveled to San Antonio for work. While I was there I found 1 quarter, 1 dime & 2 pennies.

Now as promised, some Grover travel pictures. This new set is from our latest trip to Iowa. You can see Grover in Hannibal at the Mark Twain statue that was never built, in Iowa at the future home of Star Trek commander James Kirk, near the Mississippi flooding and at the world's largest truck stop.




Did I ever make a mistake, but it wasn't until I was leaving the Field of Dreams, that I realized that I never got a Grover picture there. No excuse, a blunder on my part! But I did get some very solid pictures from the outfield. I was very proud of them, and hopefully you enjoy them.


Finally, I leave you with two more pictures. One is the sign outside of Riverside, Iowa. The other one is mainly for Chris. I know that he enjoys collecting wheat pennies. I found this thrift store in Hannibal that was selling wheat pennies for $0.25 EACH! Chris, take all your wheat pennies and move to Hannibal, and you could be a millionaire!


Total since last post - $0.37
Total for the Race - $269.04

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grover's back! haha...I love 'em.