Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Burlington Bees

Since my last find I have found:
  • 1 nickel at Sonic
  • 1 quarter & 3 pennies at McDonald's
  • 2 pennies at STL TSA
In the first part of this week I was in Burlington, Iowa for work. I had some time to kill on Monday night, and since it was just 2 blocks from my hotel, I went to my first A Baseball game. I saw the Burlington Bees take on the Cedar Rapids Kernals. It was a good time, and was the first time that I saw an infielder MISS a grounder during the between innings warm-up.

Marti and I played the "picture game". This is where she gives me 3 things to find and take pictures of while I am at an event. So my list was:
  1. Someone wearing a MLB Jersey
  2. A Mullet
  3. A woman who is in her mid/late 30's who still thinks she is a hot 20 year old, and dresses like it
Below are my results, along with a few pictures of the stadium and some others that I liked. (#2 & #3, were pretty hard to find. I must say that a guy going to a A game wearing a Jeter jersey, let's just say is starts with a D and ends with a bag. I just couldn't hang out with a guy like that. Hate the Yankees way to much!)






Total since last post - $0.35
Total for the Race - $275.35

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ive done something here to have you a few cents!

Steven said...

I'm probably more frugal than the next guy and not ashamed to stop and pick up a shiny moneda on the street. But you take the gold star for your dedication. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

that's really cute..wish i had one too.

Anonymous said...

Hey, your story was on Marketplace--that's how I found you. Thanks for introducing me to a new hobby! I'm the only one in the family that will do "a bendover" for a penny.

Sandy
Martinsville, IN

kestrelia said...

Congratulations on appearing on NPR. I'm very jealous. I'm saving a copy of it right now to share with my friends.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, I've always wanted to go to a Bees game, as I live only an hour and a half west of Burlington.

That was a cool post (love the picture game), and your project is incredibly cool!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the airing!

Are you sure that lady was in her mid/late 30's? It's hard to tell from the angle, but she seems younger. Maybe it's working!

Anonymous said...

once again, brilliant pics. esp that one of the girl ;) i like how she's just wearing a shirt and (i'm hoping) nothing else other than the boots! haha....

i need to start hanging out with people like you are Marti..you've got some good ideas!

Bailey said...

Yea, I was happy that "Boot Girl" showed up, or I would have had a hard time finding that picture!