Friday, February 25, 2005

Day 13

I knew that I would be traveling all day today, and I was worried that if we were running late, then I wouldn’t have time to change hunt in the airport. Once again, Marti pulled the “I got to make a quick stop at Walgreen’s” right as we were leaving. I should have known better since this is rule number 67 in the fiancĂ©/wife handbook, and happens almost every time we try to leave for the airport. If I were a smarter man, I would add extra time in our plans to accommodate rule 67.
On the way to the airport, I even stopped at a gas station to check things out, much to the chagrin of Marti. But we made a last stop at McDonald’s for some breakfast (Can you really beat an Egg McMuffin? I think not), and I found a penny under the counter where you go to order. I also found one penny in the Louisville Airport.
I knew that this weekend would end the double digit streak, but I don’t want it to end my streak of finding change.

While I was in line to get my USA Today (I always read it when I’m flying, it’s a habit. I’m like Rainman in this respect. V-E-R-N, main man Vern), the guy in front of me is waiting for his change after buying a newspaper and some gum

Guy #1 in line – How much was that gum?
Counter Lady - $1.59.
Guy #2 in line – That better be some gum.
Guy #1 in line – Sh*t. It better be made from gold!

Come fly the friendly skies!

Total for the Day - $0.02
Total for the Race - $2.92

No comments: