Friday, March 04, 2005

Day 20

On the way to work this morning I stopped by a KFC and Taco Bell which are near our place. I found one penny in the KFC drive-through and one penny in the Taco Bell drive-through. These are a few of the fast food places that I can check in the morning, because they don't serve breakfast.
While I was driving away from Taco Bell, I was doing just a quick drive-by check of their parking lot (Where I drive slowly, and just check parking spots from the comfort of my truck). In one place, I found 2 quarters and 1 nickel.
This find was wonderful, but also got me thinking about lost change. Chris and I have talked about how pennies can get lost, and how we understand it. They aren't worth a whole lot, and there is some social sigma with picking them up. So I can see how someone is in a hurry, and maybe doesn't notice a penny drops from their pocket, or how they are willing to just leave it, because it is a penny.
But I found 55 cents today, and it was all together, leading me to believe that it was lost/left from the same person. I just don't understand how you can not notice that much change! I'm sure they had to hear it drop from their pocket/hand. Or did they notice it dropped, and just didn't care to pick it up? I could understand how some big movie star would feel that it is beneath them to pick up a couple of coins, but come on, these people were eating at Taco Bell! If you are eating at Taco Bell, nothing is beneath you (I am not knocking people who eat at Taco Bell. I am one of them).
I will never understand how any amount of silver is left, but I do appreciate it!

Total for the Day - $0.57
Total for the Race - $4.15

No comments: