Thursday, April 07, 2005

Day 54

On the way to work this morning, I stopped off at the near by Wendy's. I found one quarter and a penny. I found the quarter near the window where you pay for your food, a pretty standard place to find change. I found the penny near the menu board, speaker and microphone where you order your food. A very uncommon place to find change. Did the person think that they threw their change at the speaker and got their food? We may never know.

Marti was sick today, so I was the nice fiance and went out to buy her some soup. While at Randall's I found a dime and 2 pennies under the coinstar machine.

Unless Brian goes on a dollar day spree, I think that I'm going to lose in the Change Quest Contest of when Brian will get $500. I had picked April 19th. I'm afriad that it looks doubtful.

One last comment about the NCAA pool that Chris and I were in. It was run by Yahoo, and I picked more games correctly than ANY other person in the pool. I had 3 of the Final Four teams correct, and I was in the lead for the entire contest. What I didn't realize is that the points were doubled for each round. So if you got 16 points for each correct Final Four team, but you got 32 points correct for picking the overall Champ, and I picked Illinois. So even though I was up by a TON of points, it wasn't 32. Total jip! I won the 2 other office pools with the same bracket. The person in charge of the point system for the Yahoo NCAA bracket pool should be run over repeatedly by a Pink Cadillac driven by Tina Turner!

Total for the Day - $0.38
Total for the Race - $14.87
Change Finding Streak - 40 Days

No comments: