Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Day 123

Originally when I looked at my schedule for this week, I set a lofty goal for today. I was going to try for $10 in one day. I had the day off work, and with no Marti around, I figured that I had nothing else to do. As it so often happens, stuff came up and I ended up having an appointment during the middle of the day and a list of things to do. So my change searching goal had to take a back seat.

I was sitting on zero for most of the day, and I didn’t start to search until around 10pm, when I ran out to Blockbuster to return some DVD’s. I found 4 pennies at JR’s Car Wash. I decided to drive a bit up north, when I noticed that there were no street lights, and once I started to pay attention to the radio I learned that there was a 9 county brownout, which started about 1 mile north of my apartment.

At first I was excited because I figured that with no lights it would be easy picking for my change searching. But with my first stop I realized that it wouldn’t be the case. Normally there are lights around a drive-thru, even when a place is closed. But it was SO dark that unless I had my car lights pointed on the drive-thru or I used a flashlight, I couldn’t see anything. And even with that, I wasn’t sure if I was getting everything.

Because I didn’t want to look like a burglar (searching around a drive-thru with a flashlight) and because traffic was CRAZY without street lights, I decided to call it a night, after I stopped off at Chick-Fil-A where I found 1 quarter and 2 dimes and Starbucks where I found 1 quarter and 1 penny.

Total for the Day - $0.75
Total for the Race - $32.55

No comments: