Friday, July 29, 2005

Day 167

I found 3 pennies right after midnight at Starbucks (Mentioned in the post from yesterday).


I finally finished A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. It was a very interesting book, just took some time to get through it, as it deal with some meaty subjects and is almost 500 pages long. But as always Bryson doesn't dissapoint (He is one of my favorite authors). It is amazing how little we know about the creation of the universe. His chapter about atoms and particles, and how little we understand about their movement, because they work on a totally different set of rules, sometimes gravitey doesn't even apply to them and particles can send information faster than the speed of light, was VERY interesting.

After such an intense and long read, I needed something that was a bit of a breeze, so now I am reading Downsize This! by Michael Moore. And since there is a chapter titled, Would Pat Buchanan take a check from Satan?, I know that it is going to be an enjoyable read.

Total for the Day - $0.03
Total for the Race - $37.58

No comments: