Saturday, July 30, 2005

Day 168

At 10 pm tonight, I was sitting on zero change found for the day. The one highlight of the day was that I was picked as the Men’s Warehouse fan for a make-over at the Astros game, just like Chris yesterday. They put me on the jumboton with my Mets jersey on (I grew up in New York as a Mets fan. This series is the only time every season that I don’t root for the Astros. You can’t sell-out your hometown team), then they showed me again with a nice suit on. I got a $50 gift certificate to the Men’s Warehouse, although it was announced that I got a $100 gift certificate. I plan to get onto the bottom of this, more details to come. (Although it was very fun to have all the fans Boo me with the Mets jersey on).

On the way home, I stopped off at Sonic for an ice cream treat, and found 2 pennies. Next door, at Burger King, I found 2 more pennies. I also stopped off at Chick-Fil-A, where I found 2 quarters, 2 dimes, 2 nickels and 9 pennies. It is the second time that I have found the change cycle in one location, the last time being on April 22nd, 2005, oddly enough at that EXACT same Chick-Fil-A location. Maybe I should check in there more often.

Giddy off the Chick-Fil-A finds, I went JR’s Car Wash, and found 10 pennies.

Total for the Day - $1.03 – Change Cycle
Total for the Race - $38.61

No comments: