Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Day 298

During work today I found 2 pennies in a hallway, then 1 dime, 2 nickels and 1 penny under a vending machine. After work I had to stop off at Target and Home Depot, where I found 1 dime and 5 pennies in various places.

On the way to work this morning I heard something disturbing on the traffic report (AM 740 - KTRH). The reporter on the scene said that a car had collided with a deer. He said that everyone was alright, but made some bad joke about how the deer was only a "2 point buck" now, and then wrapped it up by saying that animal control was coming to put the deer down. The co-host in the studio said, "Ahh, that poor deer. That is so sad, one of the saddest traffic stories that we have had in some time."

Excuse me?? I listen to this station every morning on my way to work, at there is a HUMAN fatality on the roads about every other week. But this poor deer is more important than a human life? And this isn't a problem just on this station, it happens all to often on many news stations, radio or television. Watch the news tonight. They will probably mention in a deadpan voice about how 200 soilders were killed in Iraq or talk about the 25 dead due to a car bombing. But yet, at the end of the broadcast you would think that Emeril is making an onion stew on the set, because they will get all teary eyed and mushy about a cat that lost it's paw or a new baby pengiun at the zoo.

If human life is worth so little, can I be allowed to walk around with a cow tranquilsier gun and just plug all those people that are annoying me? Because it would have come in handy on my last trip to Vegas when people in front of me were having some serious walking issues. I promise not to hurt any deer or cats, but I will put a slug in everyone who is special ed walking.

Total for the Day - $0.38
Total for the Race - $83.73

2 comments:

Ahamed Iqbal said...

Hopefully tv news people don't represent people in general otherwise we are in bad shape.
I get annoyed when they switch from their "serious iraq war" face to their "happy worlds largest oreo created" face. Seems so phony.

Bailey said...

I couldn't agree more.

Love the "Oreo Face"!