Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Hot Dog Race T-Shirt

On Monday this week I went to the apartment complex work-out room and found 2 pennies in the laundry room and 1 nickel in the coin return of a soda machine.

I had to go to KC for work this week, and on Tuesday I decided to go to a Royals game. At the Royals game I found 3 quarters and 4 pennies on the ground next to a concession stand. I also found another quarter while walking around the concourse.

You might remember from the Missouri State basketball game I went to a few months ago, then you remember the picture game Chris and I played. Well we played again for this Royals game (Bascially, Chris just gives me a list of things to get pictures of during the game).

Here was Item #1, somebody wearing a Jersey of a team NOT playing in the game. This was a Indians vs Royals game, yet somebody was wearing a Mets jersey. Good picture, since I am a Mets fan (Sorry Brian, I grew up in NYC).

Item #2 - Somebody wearing the hand out that night, a Hot Dog Race T-Shirt. (Relish won)

Here is the back of the Hot Dog Shirt.

This was not a picture for Chris, but check out the fans tailgateing before the game. This was a Tuesday game, and the Royals have been awful for years. Yet there was a few hundred people tailgateing before the game. Way to go KC fan!

Check out the upper deck. As proud as I was for KC fan to be tailgateing, I was very dissapointed in seeing this. Can you tell where the $8 section ends, and the $12 section begins? Seriously Royals fan, get up and move to a better seat. I know the Ushers outnumber the fans at Royals games, but come on!

Along with being an amateur coin finder, I am also a amateur photographer. I have had an interest in photography since I took a photo class in High School (In fact many of the framed pictures that we have hanging in our place are pictures that I took). Over the last few years, I haven't done much with the hobby, but then a few weeks ago, Marti and I went to an art fair, and people were selling framed pictures of stuff that I could have taken. So, I plan on trying to take and post more of my photos for your enjoyment. These are all from the Royals game. Let me know which ones you like. I'm curious to see if they are the same as my two favorites.

If you have ever stayed in a hotel, you know that at the end of your stay, they normally slide the bill under your door. Wednesday morning I woke up in the Hilton Garden Inn and saw this!


I promise that I did not move the paper when I got up. So the hotel person was able to slide it under the door that much! I was amazed. Marti thinks they had to use the sideways flick to get it that far. I'm not sure how it happened. I just know this is that I stay at a good number of hotels (I'm a Diamond VIP Hilton Honors member thanks to traveling for work) and I have NEVER seen the bill that far away from the door. Whoever threw this might want to contact the Royals, as they can always use a few good arms in the bullpen!

Back home, I found a whopping 4 quarters, 4 dimes and 2 pennies in the return slot of the Coinstar machine at Schnuck's.

Total since last post - $2.53
Total for the Race - $228.28

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post - I like when you play the picture game. Good times. The bill slid so far under the door was quality too. As for the pictures - my two favorite are the last two - the lit up building and the one with the flags.

Unknown said...

My favorite pictures: The turnstiles and the flags.

At my hotel, I couldn't sleep and actually heard the checkout slip being slid under the door. It didn't even peek out a bit, so I had to open the door.

Bailey said...

Becca - I like the picture game also. Although, Chris is going to be in trouble if he doesn't comment on the pictures I took for the game. I also like the lit up buildling also. It was a throw away picture when I took it, but it came out much better than expected.

Brian - My favorite was the turnstiles also. Although I wasn't a huge fan of the flags pictures, it's nice to see that both of you enjoy it.

Unknown said...

Bailey... at first I didn't like the flags, but it's grown on me. Not to be critical, but the turnstiles shot is best, and the others all have flaws, in my humble and totally uneducated opinion. So I went with the flags, which said something to me.

P.S. We also have HiltonHHonors and we love it. Not a fan of Paris, though.

Bailey said...

I'm curious to know what you felt the flaws were in the other pictures. Believe me, you are NOT going to hurt my feelings. This is just a fun side hobby, so I'm interested to know what people like and don't like.

I agree, that I really like HiltonHonors, but I do bristle when I think about the money going to Paris!

Chris said...

Dear Comment Slut:

My gosh, a few days without a comment from me and things fall apart! RIP for the picture game? Say it ain't so. With the Astros in town and $1,100 in nickels sitting in the living room things have been a bit busy. Still, onto the pictures . . .

It looks like I am in the majority with everyone when I say that the turnstiles picture was the one that I liked the most. I also liked the first one with the top of the scoreboard (at least that is what I assume it is). Of course the KC Royals hotdog shirt is a quality one.

I also have a suggestion for the picture game, assuming that my single comment will be enough to save it. I would post a blog several days before you go out of town and ask for reader's suggestions for pictures (i.e two fat people holding hands, a man on a moped, etc) and then see how many of them you can get. It would expand the game and take it to a whole new level.

Password: daifux