Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Pre-Tip Results

Before I get to my finds, I need to give you an update on the Pre-Tip idea from my last post. I only have a sample of five trips, but I would say that on average my service has gone DOWN when I pre-tip. One time, the guy even lost my ticket, so he didn't know where my car was! (He did however still have the dollar!)

I know that when they go back into the parking garage they have a specific route they drop off people. I thought that offering a tip, would make the driver want to drop me off first. After talking with Chris at length about this, I realized my problem. If they change the route, they could get in trouble or fired. So why are they going to change things up just for a $1 tip. It makes sense to Pre-tip when the service can be raised. It would be nice to be able to pre-tip your waiter before your meal, or instance.

Interested to hear your thoughts, or any of your pre-tip experiments. Onto the finds. Since my last post I have found:
  • 1 nickel and 1 penny on Washing Machine at MSP Hampton Inn
  • 3 pennies at Schnuck's
  • A HUGE find of 17 Quarters, 4 dimes and 2 nickels in Coin Return slot of Coinstar. It was so awesome, I had to take 2 separate handfuls just to get it all!
  • 1 dime, 1 penny & 1 Canadian Cent under the Coinstar machine
  • 4 pennies at Mall with Marti- 2 at Victoria's Secret (Oh, Behave!)
  • 1 quarter, 1 dime and 2 pennies, again, in the Coin Return slot of the Coinstar machine
The last quarter was interesting. I believe it is a steel quarter, as it has the same silver edge as the steel dime. Plus it feels and sounds much different than a normal quarter. Here is a picture, and since I'm to lazy to do my research, any info you have would be appreciated.

Total since last post - $5.36
Total for the Race - $280.91

2 comments:

Thom said...

You scored a 90% silver quarter. Congrats! All pre 1965 quarters and dimes are 90% silver and worth around 10x face value at the moment (more just a few weeks ago but silver took a bit of a dive recently)

Bailey said...

Dean,

Thanks for the info. I knew about the Steel dimes, but not the silver quarters.

Very good info.