Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Day 11

I finally got that penny that was in the road. I parked on the side of the road, and when traffic had a opening, I ran across 2 lanes and got my penny, and was very happy to see that there was a second penny only about 8 inches away. I would have looked around a bit more, but I was worried that if I didn't get out of there, I was going to be hit by oncoming traffic.
When I pulled back onto the road, I had to stop at the red light, and I spotted out of my window ANOTHER penny. I wasn't about to go another fiasco like, so I got out and picked it up before the light turned green.
While at work, I found a penny in a hallway, but the big find was near a vending machine where I found 2 quarters. On the way I found 4 pennies at a gas station, to cap my biggest day of the race.

Total for the Day - $0.58
Total for the Race - $2.54

1 comment:

Chris said...

Congratulations on your big day!