Friday, February 18, 2005

Day 6

Well 6 is my lucky number, so it is fitting that today I had my biggest change day of the race. On the way home, I found 1 penny at a gas station, and then taking a page from Chris's book, I went to the do-it-yourself car wash, and found 4 more pennies.
Since Marti went out for some drinks after work, I came home and played some March Maddness on the PS2, then decided to do some change searching in my area. I found 1 dime in our apartment parking lot, and then 2 dimes and 2 pennies in some resturaunt parking lots nearby.

Quote from the day comes from the book that I am currently reading, How to Lose Friends & Alienate People by Toby Young. He is a British writer who has some great sayings. This one is actually something that Mr. Young got from Hugh Grant, it is his term for throwing a hissy fit....."Shouty Crackers".
To use in a sentence;
"After I found no change I got all Shouty Crackers when Marti asked me how my day was."

Speaking of Marti, we were to lazy to make dinner tonight, so we ordered an extra large deep dish pizza. Now we have left-overs for tomorrow. Is there any better feeling than knowing that you have cold pizza waiting for you in the fridge?

Total for the Day - $0.37
Total for the Race - $1.11

No comments: