Friday, May 27, 2005

Day 104

A few days ago I saw a part of a penny at the same intersection where I have some success in spite of the location. I was not able to pick it up then, because the light turned green. Luckily today there was a red light, and I was able to pick it up. After work I stopped by the Sparkle Car Wash and found a nickel.

But my question of the day is in regards to the penny part that I found. A few months ago, Chris found half a penny, and we agreed that it should count toward the race. I am not sure about this case, because it is much less than 50% of a penny. I will tentatively
count it toward the race, but I leave the final judging up to you. Please leave comments and let me know your thoughts. Here is a picture of the penny sliver next to a normal penny.




Over the past few weeks, Brian has talked about how is going to try and go a month without honking his car horn. I wish him all the luck in this endeavor, but I'm afraid that this story might hurt his chances of success!

I don't know what is more unbelievable about this story, that Leon is actually trying to play baseball, or that 1 game in, he is pulling a "Leon". Chris, if you want his autograph, you better get it quick. If he is big-leaguing his teammates in the minors, he will be tougher than Griffey Jr. when he gets up to the show!

On a side note, when Houston had the Super Bowl a few years back, I was working an event for Budweiser and I met "Leon". I didn't get an autograph, but I did talk to him for a bit. Seemed like a nice guy. I guess if there had been a bus ride involved it would have been a different story!

Total for the Day - $0.06
Total for the Race - $25.19

4 comments:

Chris said...

Mrs. $25.19 (AKA, Marti):

It sould count for 2 cents? What kind of logic is that? I understand that Bailey's failures haunt you, but come on, you are better than that!

Chris

Bailey said...

So Chris, does it count or not?

Chris said...

Yeah, I would say that it counts.

Unknown said...

I think it should count. That penny is not unlike several I have. (Besides, I think you could take it to the government and they would pay you. The gov't standard is far lower than that of your local bank for replacing currency.)