Sunday, May 22, 2005

Day 99

As I drove to meet Chris for lunch, I stopped off at Sonic. While I was walking around, a Sonic girl came out and asked if I was looking for money on the ground. I told her that I was talking to a friend on my cellphone (I was talking with Chris at the time). Looking back it's kinda funny that she smiled and walked away after I gave her that response, because it really made no sense. But I only found 1 penny. Before I got to lunch, I noticed a penny in the median of the road, but I noticed it after the light had turned green. Thankfully Chris was running late, so I turned around, parked across the street and walked to the penny, where I found another penny nearby.
Well Rocky IV is on ESPN Classic, and Marti is almost done with dinner, so I need to wrap this up. So I will leave you with the best quote from the movie, "I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change." Gotta love Rocky. When he isn't having awkward man hugs with Apollo on the beach, he is single-handedly ending the cold war.

Total for the Day - $0.03
Total for the Race - $24.45

4 comments:

Chris said...

Even Rocky respects change, although he might not be talking about the kind you find on the ground.

Chris

Unknown said...

I'm writing this on Day 100 (busy at work), so congrats on that.

But my real reason for writing is to see if you have a favorite line from Rocky V. It's an awful movie with a bunch of good lines...

Bailey said...

I have to go with the Sports Guy and say that Rocky V never happened!

Right off the top of my head, I can't think of any quotes that made me laugh.
But I remember that Rocky has a great rant about how he has to fight, and how he treated Tommy Gunn like a son.
The "fake" Don King was also pretty solid.

What about you?

Unknown said...

You're right, Rocky V has perhaps the worst bit of acting ever when the son goes from loving boy to angst-filled prepubescent teen, but the film had some amusing lines. My two favorites:

- Rocky, in punch-drunk voice: Why don't you try knocking me down.

- Uncle Paulie (paraphrased), in non-punch, but still drunken slur: Tommy, you know something, you a piece of garbage.