Friday, August 05, 2005

Day 174

Early this morning, I had to drop off some things at the post office (Thank goodness, for the Automated Teller Machine, letting me postage and drop off packages when they are closed, and not making me wait in line). I stopped off at Starbucks, Jack-in-the-Box, Chick-Fil-A, KFC and A&W and found 1 quarter, 7 dimes, 4 nickels and 17 pennies. Giving me my first change cycle for August.

I was happy to find money at the KFC near my apartment. The manager there has noticed me a few times, and I since he has noticed me, I have found VERY little change there. I think that he is starting to collect it. So either he was off tonight, or he is starting slack on his change searching!

This afternoon Marti and I went to see 2 movies, pulling off the always enjoyable summer double feature (Paying for 1, of course!). First we saw Dukes of Hazard, which was very enjoyable, and I was happy that I paid for it. After that, we snuck into Bad News Bears, and it was an AWFUL re-make. I am so happy that I didn’t pay for it! They just remade most of the scenes, but changed some serious things. Who got major hits, who said what lines, who wore what numbers, etc. I’m alright with you changing things on a re-make, but it’s not allowed when you are just re-doing all the scenes. If you want to change things, you have to change most everything. Plus the girl that played Amanda was AWFUL, and the guy who played Kelly Leak wore a helmet on his bike and ran like a girl. Sports Guy wrote a great column that captured most of my thoughts.

At the end of the movie, I heard somebody drop a coin, and while walking out, I found the nickel that was left behind. I also found a penny near my truck as we left.

Total for the Day - $1.38 – Change Cycle
Total for the Race - $41.48

No comments: