Thursday, December 01, 2005

Day 292

No more than 6 steps outside the apartment this morning, and I found a penny near the curb.

At Arby's, I found 4 more pennies.

While walking into work, I found 2 dimes, 1 nickel and 1 penny on the sidewalk.

Near the end of the day, I was just wandering around work thinking about the future, and I found a quarter peaking out from under a vending machine, giving me a change cycle for the day. The last time I started off a month with a change cycle was 5.1.05. Much more fun to start off a month with a change cycle than with nothing, like I did 7.1.05.


After watching Survivor, Marti and I finished up dinner watching a classic 80's movie, Just One of the Guys. Marti noticed one very interesting thing during the movie. We started watching the movie during the scene when Buddy goes to Teri's new school and talks about his girlfriend Kevina, who loves his rippling muscles and hairy chest. Well in the next scene Rick asks out Debrah and says that Teri has to have a date also, and he should take Sandy, the crazy chick. Why is Kevina forgotten? I can take a leap of faith about a girl pretending to be a guy in High School, but forgetting a name like Kevina? I don't buy it.

Speaking of that movie, Billy Jacoby has a classic role as Buddy. Maybe the ultimate comedy role in the 1980's, and sadly he has not done anything of note since, although I am convinced that he is in a current Circuit City ad about LCD TV's. The only other comedy role which has come close to it in the last 25 years was Jacob Pitts playing Cooper in Eurotrip, and just like Jacoby, he hasn't done anything since his high water mark.

As I watch Just one of the Guys, I really wish that it was out on DVD with director's commentary. I would love to know if the role was just well written, or if Jacoby came up with any of his classic lines himself.

Total for the Day - $0.56 - Change Cycle
Total for the Race - $81.50

No comments: