Friday, October 20, 2006

The Accord

I had some solid change finds early this week, as I was traveling to Minneapolis for business. I found a quarter and some pennies at the security line in the Minneapolis Airport. The hotel I stayed at in Minneapolis had a good number of fast food places near it, and since I was done with work early, and bored, I did a change run and found the rest of my change. All told, I found 2 quarters, 2 dimes, 1 nickel and 12 pennies this week.

(On Saturday, I am leaving for a conference in South Missouri, so Marti decided to go home for the weekend. This ment that I was home alone on Friday night. So I decided to do a change run for old times sake, and to kill some time. At Starbucks, I found 2 dimes and 4 pennies. At the Scrubby Duck I found 12 pennies and a 10 cent piece from Hong Kong! At McDonald's I hit the jackpot with 3 quarters, 4 dimes, 2 nickel and 14 pennies!)

My big story of the week is that I finally bought a new car! Thanks to Chris, I feel that I did very good in the negotiations. I even left the dealership and drove home, before they called me up, and dropped the price another $400 bucks. Much better than I did 4 years ago when I bought my Durango. I took the second offer, and then bought the extended warrenty at the dealership. I only mention it, because I am amoung friends. I have known for the last 4 years that I got screwed with that Durango, and I feel good knowing that while I might have not gotten the BEST deal possible, I still did pretty good.

I love my new car. It's a 2002 Honda Accord SE. The amazing thing is that is only has 19,000 miles on it! It has power everything and a sunroof. I feel good because it has such low miles, and I have yet to hear a bad thing about Honda's. Everyone I have talked to who has owned one, has loved it. Enough babble, here are some pictures!


Total for the Week - $2.59
Total for the Race - $199.24

4 comments:

The Humphery Family said...

Congrats on the new car! I sold my truck on Friday. It was only after we sold it that we found out our beloved '05 honda pilot was a demo that had been in a major accident and some parts were actually replaced (thereby lowering the price of sale). But enough about that... sweet finds ya got there! Quarters are harder and harder to come by around these parts.

Ciao!
Barb

Unknown said...

Liza, Noah and I have two Hondas: an Accord and a Civic. We like them quite a lot.

Nice raised penny last week!

Bailey said...

Mrs. Krabs - Good to hear from you and your new car. Sorry to hear about the issues with the Pilot.

Brian - Wow! You, Chris and myself now all have Honda's! They should be a sponser of the Change Race!

Chris said...

What is this Dorango you speek of. I knew you had a car named Squeeky, but I didn't know you had another one as well.

password: npypdboa