Friday, November 03, 2006

The AC Adaptor

As you know, a few weeks back I got a new car. I totally love the Honda Accord, but there is one small problem. The AC adaptor is a bit loose. Not a huge deal, but on road trips, I have a iPod Roadtrip that I plug in, and since the adaptor is loose, it isn't very sturdy. So I got some super glue and got it nice and snug.

While doing this, I realized that when using super glue, even though a very small amount of glue gets out of the tube, it seems to get EVERYWHERE! And it also seems to get almost everywhere EXCEPT where you are trying to get it. I had to squeeze a ton to get it enough around the AC adaptor, and I still felt like I needed a bit more. Yet, I got some on my jacket, some paper on the passenger seat, and ALL over my 10 fingers!

During the week I found 1 quarter, 1 dime and 5 pennies. The quarter coming in a vending machine near our apartment's work-out facility. I check it out of habit, but since I haven't found anything in 5 months, I was shocked to find the quarter!

Tonight, Marti left her wallet at home, so instead of picking up stuff for dinner on the way home, she came home and dragged me along. Turned out to be a good thing, because I found 1 quarter, 3 dimes, 1 nickel, 13 pennies and a washer in and on top of the Coinstar machine. As is the case with many Coinstar rejected pennies, one of them was a wheat penny from 1940. Always a fun find! I also broke the $200 mark this week!


Total for the Week - $1.13
Total for the Race - $200.41

------------------------------


Totals for October 2006

Total - $3.87

Quarters - 8
Dimes - 12
Nickels - 2
Pennies - 57

2 comments:

Chris said...

Nice penny and nice washer. Congrats on the $200 mark!

password: wxmcmdj

Anonymous said...

$200! Yippeeeee! Keep on truckin' brother!
Andy from Simi Valley, CA