Monday, November 06, 2006

The Hunger Shoot-Out

On Saturday night, Marti and I went to work at the St. Louis Blues game. We have gotten in with a group that volunteers at games helping with promotions, hand-outs, etc. After the game we got to go down on the ice, and help with a "Hunger Shoot-Out" promotion. If you brought some canned food to the game, you got to come down on the ice after the game and try to shoot a puck in the goal for a prize. We got to shoot around before everything started, and it was fun to be on the ice.

After the game, Marti and I stopped off at McDonald's for a treat (Sonic was closed) and I found 11 pennies and 1 dime on the ground around the drive-thru.

Then today, I went to go work out in the apartment complex work-out room. On the way there, I found 4 pennies on a table in the laundry room, and 3 dimes in the return slot of a vending machine!

Total for the Weekend - $0.55
Total for the Race - $200.96

No comments: