Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Subway

On Monday I found 1 dime and 3 pennies under the check-out counter at Schnuck's. On Tuesday, I had to run to Schnuck's once again, and in the Coinstar machine I found 1 quarter and 1 foreign coin. I'm not sure what country it is from, so I have added a picture of the coin. If you can identify it, I will send it to you!


On Wednesday I had to go back to wonderful and freezing Minneapolis for business. Before my meeting, I found a nearby Subway, which turned out to be a great choice. I found 1 penny on the sidewalk, 2 pennies near the check-out counter, and 1 penny sitting on the seat I decided to sit in. What a great place! Pennies everywhere!

Having talked with Chris about this, I am staying in a Hampton Inn about 10 miles south of the Airport. It's amazing how much better this Hampton Inn is vs the one next to the airport. Now that I am traveling much more, I am learning that hotels near the airport offer nothing more than a room, while the same chain hotel a few miles away are much nicer, few more perks and usually cheaper (Which doesn't matter since the company is paying, but still nice for the expense report). It is also nice beacuse there is a McDonald's, Arbys, Burger King and Taco Bell all nearby. In my two nights here I found 1 quarter, 2 dimes, 2 nickels and 4 pennies on my change runs.

Total for the Week - $1.01
Total for the Race - $202.10

2 comments:

The Humphery Family said...

I believe what you have there is one Japanese Yen. I've got a few yen in my collection from the local Coinstar machines around here as well. Those are worth a few coins in American money, I'd hold on to it if I were you :)

Bailey said...

Thanks for the info. I'll hang onto the Yen.