Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Home Plate

Early in the week, I stopped off at a No Name Car Wash and found 2 quarters.

In the middle of the week, I found myself in Minneapolis again for business. I didn't have much to do, so I decided to grab dinner at the Mall of America, and do a change walk. (Last time I did a change walk around the MOA, I found a dollar bill!) This time I did not have such great luck, as I only found 1 dime, 3 pennies and a Playzone Arcade Token.

During my change walk at the MOA, I did notice home plate from the Twins old stadium. It is on the floor in the corner of the big middle section of the mall. I've actually walked by it a few times, and never noticed it until now.

Walking back to my hotel from the MOA, I was looking for change, sadly all I found was this Homewood Suites name tag. Do you think she is from Mexico?

I arrived at the MSP airport a bit early, so I walked around the baggage area, looking for luggage carts to return. I found 3 and earned $0.75 (It does not count toward the totals). Going through security, I found 1 penny.

Back in STL, I found 1 dime and 4 pennies at the Scrubby Duck.

This morning it is gray and raining, and just a perfect day to stay in bed. So Marti and I did just that and watched a VERY under appreciated 80's movie, The Heavenly Kid. After I watched it, I played around on imdb.com and found out that the guy that wrote/directed it, never wrote/directed another movie again! That the "hot" high school girl basically never worked again, yet the "good" girl who Lenny falls for in the end, ended up being on Baywatch! (And played the role of a nurse on one episode of Saved by the Bell, another Bailey favorite)

Total since last post - $0.78
Total for the Race - $217.64

1 comment:

nhcardhunter said...

Bailey, that's a cool pic of the home plate from Metropolitan Park. I'm old enough to remember watching games being played there on TV as a kid. Guys like Oliva, Killebrew and a little later, Carew, always gave the Red Sox trouble.

Best,

Jim