Saturday, May 07, 2005

Day 84

On the way back from work today I hit up some various places in search of change in some areas where I normally don’t travel. In the interest of space I will condense my finds. Overall I hit a KFC, Arby’s, 2 Sonics, Sparkle Car Wash and a Whataburger for a take of 1 quarter, 1 dime, 1 nickel and 14 pennies, marking the second change cycle of the month. I’ve hit the change cycle seven times and this is only the second time I’ve hit the change cycle and not gotten a dollar day. The other time being March 22, 2005.

If you aren’t familiar with The Onion, make sure that you turn off Dr. Frick’s Sarcasm meter before you start reading (Comic Book Guy – “A Sarcasm meter? That’s REALLY useful”). This Onion story about the county pennies is from the current issue. Not only is it laugh out loud funny, but it related to coinage. “Starting in 2006, the U.S. Mint will release five new pennies per year for the next 629 years.” Classic.

Total for the Day - $0.54
Total for the Race - $21.15

No comments: